Action Learning Leadership Skills Programme
This open programme is for up to 10 managers and leaders from all sectors working together. 'Leadership skills' is an experiential course, based on the principles of 'Action Learning' and combines professional and personal development with skills building.
This experience will support you to be a skilled and highly effective leader, meeting your organisations and your personal objectives and targets by building on your experience of managing yourself and your people.
The benefits of this experience
- Raise your personal awareness about the impact you make on the people you lead
- Give you real choices about how you take action and get things done
- Will add to your 'tool box' of different ways to approach issues and influence people, groups and organisations
- Take some time to reflect on how best to support yourself
- Get real clarity about achieving your objectives and targets
- Reflect on how to manage your team's performance
- Use the group to share experiences and challenges
- Problem solve together
- Brush up on skills such as asking high quality questions, listening, negotiating, dealing with difficult people and with conflict.
How the 'leadership skills' experience works
Each member of the group is encouraged to share their skills and knowledge and to bring real time issues, challenges, successes, to discuss and debate. With the help of the group and the facilitator you will come out of each meeting with clear actions that you have committed to carrying out in your workplace.
The first day will be a getting to know each other and skills building day. In our experience leaders often do not use their skills of facilitation and coaching and time spent reflecting and reviewing and reflecting on action is often not a normal part of a busy schedule. This experience will provide the space, time and support for you to do this.
The commitment from you
You will need to be open minded, and prepared to learn, to be challenged and supported and to challenge and support others, and to share your expertise and experiences with the group.
The cost for each day you attend is £100 plus VAT.
Please contact us for the latest information on dates and venues in the Cardiff area.
More information about action learning as an experience? More about Maine-Stream? Know any one else who might be interested?
Please contact Colin Heyman on 07775 575358 or Jenny Cook on 07974 927870 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org